Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Asako Narahashi


Kawaguchiko, 2003 From the series half awake and half asleep in the water C-Print © Asako Narahashi, Courtesy Yossi Milo Gallery, New York

A friend just came back from Japan and told me that she had to do a whole review about her idea of what 'culture' actually is. She basically had her mind blown by the culture and civilisation of Japan. She hadn't really grown up with the idea that it is actually culture which immortalises a civilization, not Australian rules football, as so many Australians believe I'm afraid!

I always get a really good feeling about a culture/time/values etc from the photographers who live and work in that place/time etc. So I just went surfing on the web, and found this wonderful Japanese photographer who it looks like, has just had a book published called 'half awake and half asleep in the water', from the exhibition which happened at the Yossi Milo Gallery in NY.

3 comments:

  1. I encourage you, because I love your work. You are adorable! Go on
    Avenir amour

    ReplyDelete
  2. I�ve read a few good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you put to make such a magnificent informative website.
    voyance par mail gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je m’arrête très souvent sur votre site que j’apprécie beaucoup, cela me permet de m’évader et de penser à autres choses....Que du bonheur !! Merci
    voyance amour

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin