Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ferry ride from Queenstown '95






I took this photo with my old Nikon F2 in 1995. Today it feels perfect as a reflection of darkish mood
I find myself in.
It also brings back memories of filling Sundays up with my teenage son somehow, to
keep some kind of connection going, struggling against all odds, as he pushed the boundaries to individuate, cutting his own path, however wild-and-woolly it seemed at the time. I'm sure today he's glad that I was able to let him explore, but I always kept a safety net suspended there (covertly). The dark and the light, the ambivalent tenuous hold one wants.

3 comments:

  1. Gone a bit dark myself today - belated happy b'day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the good advice ... it's very nice to read you ... ..and ...... instructive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent congratulations for an excellent subject and an excellent blog !!!

    voyance par mail gratuite

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin