Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

whatever happened to Rebecca Patterson?


I found this picture in a book I have from 1985, called: 'Australian Fashion Design' by Elina Mackay. Someone gave it to me a few years ago. I am amazed at how few of the designers seem to be around anymore..And yet there was/is great talent. The above picture comes under the title Di Marzio Line. Rebecca Patterson came from Perth to Sydney to create this label along with Nicolas Pando. I love this, because it stretches its big wings between art and fashion. She said: "My clothes are full of symbols, contrasting images and statements expressing a certain uninhibited style."

1 comment:

  1. That is quite surprising... I have never heard of that before reading your post!
    It makes me quite puzzled and angry too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin