Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Year of the Rabbit is coming

February 3rd 2011 is the year of the Metal Rabbit.

This is image is a nengajō card, which is a card Japanese people send to each other at the beginning of the new year.

I love these sorts of specific traditional customs and the images which serve them, not that I am one to get myself organized enough to participate in a tradition like this.

But I enjoy the sparse yet evokative technique shown here in this vintage card. You can see more these images here.

3 comments:

  1. Superb article that gave me real tracks for my items to me. I will test starting next article. To say I even put the page in Favorites.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for this site and all the information it contains. I find it very interesting and I recommend it to everyone!
    All the best. Sincerely

    Voyance en ligne gratuite

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin